Thursday, September 22, 2011

Lance's case has been closed. The grand jury ruled no foul play. The detective told me that his case will state "unknown" but that it was clearly a horrific accident. This was supposed to bring closure to my life and while it makes me feel better that he went quickly without pain or struggle, the finality of everything is much more crushing than expected. Now I can move on with my life with answers but I HATE that I have to move on without him. All my plans for graduation and a beautiful proposal and wedding are gone and I am terrified to make new plans. I just wanted plans with him. He was the most amazing man I know (besides my dad) and he treated me better than I ever thought I deserved. Why do the best ones have to die young and take our happiness with them? "Life is unfair" is an understatement.

No comments:

Post a Comment